If you’re thinking that the food you eat can affect your sex drive, you’re correct. Scientists, doctors and researchers all agree that the food you consume can turn up the heat, so without further ado I present to you the best foods for sex.
Avocados have lots of unsaturated fats that clean up your arteries and allow blood flow properly. This reduces your risk of heart attack and erectile dysfunction. They’re also rich in vitamin E which stimulates your sex hormones.
2. Leafy Vegetables
Leafy greens like Brussels sprouts, kale, chard, broccoli, purifies your blood and full of magnesium and calcium, all necessary for a healthy body and sex drive. But that’s not the only benefits they have, because they are also rich in the following.
- Leafy veggies are rich in magnesium, calcium, iron and potassium.
- These veggies are rich in vitamins K, C and E and several B vitamins.
- These vegetables are also full of phytonutrients such as zeaxanthin, lutein and beta-carotene. These will protect you from age related problems like poor eyesight and lowering of sexual desire.
- They also have some omega 3 fats which have plenty of antioxidants.
I know bananas are like a phallic symbol, but they’re more than that, since each one is rich in potassium and fiber, two components necessary for muscles to strengthen and contract. Bananas also change tryptophan, which can cause depression, into serotonin, which makes us feel happy. Also, eating a couple of bananas prior to sex or a strenuous workout will give you added power and energy.
4. Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolate has phenylethilamine, a stimulant that produces endorphins like those produced by sex. Chocolate also makes your skin more sensitive and responsive to touches. Dark chocolate also improves blood circulation and keeps your arteries from hardening up.
Not only does dark chocolate lower your risk of a stroke, but it also is capable of releasing the chemical your brain produces when you’re in love. Aside from making you feel happy, it’s also a deterrent against diabetes.
This is a medicinal plant originally from Peru that improves sexual function in women and men. It’s also a hormone regulator. It comes in powder and can be taken as a supplement or with desserts or smoothies. But Maca isn’t just great for your sex drive as it also offers the following:
- Maca is full of protein and vitamin B12.
- It is also filled with vitamin C, B1, B2 and amino acids.
- Research shows that Maca is also full of phosphorous, magnesium, zinc and calcium, all of which improve your health and make you better prepared for sex.
Strawberries, like chocolate, have long been associated with sex and seduction. There’s actually a basis in fact for that, since all berries are rich in essential B vitamins and folic acid and keeps your arteries from getting clogged. Strawberries also prevent free radicals from messing with your hormones.
Strawberries are also full of anthocyanin, an antioxidant that helps you digest food. I also want to point out that these are great for battling asthma, osteoarthritis and other ailments. And it’s also good for staving off cancerous cells and macular degeneration.
Chewing a celery stalk produces androstenol and androstenone, and goes from your mouth to your throat and nose. According to Dr. Alan Hirsch, these are pheromones that turn you on and produce scents enticing to the opposite sex. Celery also lowers your blood pressure and comes with silicone, which fortifies your bones. I also want to point out that celery can do the following.
- Celery is full of amino acids that get rid of the toxins in your body, and this makes you physically stronger.
- Celery has sodium, phosphorus, magnesium and folic acid, all of which are essential for you to perform well during sex.
- It is also filled with nutrients like fiber, helping your bowel movement.
- Celery reduces your blood pressure and when combined with a healthy diet, will fight acidity and cancer. It also helps lower your cholesterol.
Oatmeal and other whole grains like barley and brown rice increase your testosterone levels. Oatmeal is also rich in L-arginine, an amino acid used to cure erectile dysfunction. I have also prepared a list of the other benefits of oatmeal.
- Just 3/4 cup of oatmeal a day will reduce your cholesterol levels.
- Oatmeal is rich in fiber, and this is what reduces the LDL or bard cholesterol in The FDA announced in 1997 that eating oatmeal will reduce chances of getting a heart attack.
- The soluble fiber in oatmeal helps with the digestive process.
Almonds are full of zinc which enhances sexual desire and they are also full of trace minerals that are essential for your health. But there are many other benefits you will get. Research at Tufts University showed that almonds lower your risk of getting a heart attack. Almonds also fortify your bones and teeth and it also helps in weight loss.
The ancient Romans believed that artichokes were an aphrodisiac, and it’s true. The reason is artichokes have pantothenic acid that increases our stimulus and makes you more responsive to sex. They also detoxify your liver and regulate the production of bile.
The Five Best Citrus Fruits for Sex
- Peaches: they are rich in folic acid which is good for your body and stamina.
- Oranges: they’re rich in vitamin C, which helps boost your libido.
- Pomegranates: just like other citrus fruits, these are full of vitamins which boost your sperm count.
- Lemons: lemons are full of antioxidants that drive away free radicals from your body, which weaken your organs and sex drive.
- Limes: these fruits are rich in antioxidants and facilitate smooth blood flow and circulation.
As you can see there are a lot of foods out there that can boost your sex life. These are all natural enhancements and you won’t have to worry about any side effects like when you take a pill.